mandag 30. januar 2012

Blue Monday


And Tuesday usually isn't much better, as I'll be working...but I'm trying my hardest to make the best out of it. Last night we finally made a facebook-page for our handcrafts! You can find it on the right side :) We appreciate your likes. Not much there yet, but we'll try and update it continuously. I haven't been doing much needlebinding latey, been too tired after work and such. On Saturday we went to Fusa to look at this old schoolhouse which is for sale (no, we're not gonna buy anything just yet); http://www.finn.no/finn/realestate/homes/object?finnkode=21735662. Quite sad watching these old, beautiful buildings being neglected and forgotten. This one was about an hour and a half from Bergen by car, which is alot. It was also huuuge, and needed MUCH renovation! But the poor house...:(


Old forge



Water-leak









First dead bird..



Fascinating color

Old medicine


And dead bird #2

 Interesting place, good for photography ^^

Then there was two interesting things on facebook today;

CRABBY OLD MAN

 When an old man died in the geriatric ward of a nursing home in North Platte , Nebraska , it was believed that he had nothing left of any value

 Later, when the nurses were going through his meager possessions, They found this poem . Its quality and content so impressed the staff that copies were made and distributed to every nurse in the hospital

 One nurse took her copy to Missouri . The old man's sole bequest to posterity has since appeared in the Christmas edition of the News Magazine of the St. Louis Association for Mental Health.. A slide presentation has also been made based on his simple, but eloquent, poem.

 And this little old man, with nothing left to give to the world, is now the author of this 'anonymous' poem winging across the Internet.


 Crabby Old Man

 What do you see nurses? . . What do you see?
 What are you thinking . . . . . when you're looking at me?
 A crabby old man, . ... .. not very wise,
 Uncertain of habit .. . .. . . . . . with faraway eyes?

 Who dribbles his food . . .. . . . . and makes no reply .
 When you say in a loud voice .. . . . .. 'I do wish you'd try!'
 Who seems not to notice . ... . the things that you do .
 And forever is losing . . . . .. . . . . . A sock or shoe?

 Who, resisting or not . . . . . . .. . . lets you do as you will,
 With bathing and feeding The long day to fill?
 Is that what you're thinking? Is that what you see?
 Then open your eyes, nurse . . . . . you're not looking at me .

 I'll tell you who I am . As I sit here so still,
 As I do at your bidding, . . . . . . as I eat at your will.
 I'm a small child of Ten ... . . . . . with a father and mother,
 Brothers and sisters . . . ... . . . . . who love one another.

 A young boy of Sixteen . . with wings on his feet
 Dreaming that soon now . . . .. .. . . a lover he'll meet..
 A groom soon at Twenty . my heart gives a leap.
 Remembering, the vows . . . . .. . that I promised to keep.

 At Twenty-Five, now . . . . . . . . I have young of my own.
 Who need me to guide . . . . And a secure happy home.
 A man of Thirty . . . . .. . . . .. My young now grown fast,
 Bound to each other . . . . . . . With ties that should last.

 At Forty, my young sons .. . have grown and are gone,
 But my woman's beside me . . . . . . . to see I don't mourn.
 At Fifty, once more, babies play 'round my knee,
 Again, we know children . . . . . . . My loved one and me.

 Dark days are upon me . . my wife is now dead.
 I look at the future ... . .. . . . . . . shudder with dread..
 For my young are all rearing . . . . . .. young of their own.
 And I think of the years . . .. and the love that I've known.

 I'm now an old man . . . . . .. .. . . and nature is cruel.
 Tis jest to make old age . . . . look like a fool.
 The body, it crumbles .. . . . . . . grace and vigor, depart..
 There is now a stone . . . .. . . . where I once had a heart.

 But inside this old carcass . . a young guy still dwells,
 And now and again . . . .. . . . my battered heart swells.
 I remember the joys . . . . . . . . .. I remember the pain.
 And I'm loving and living . . . . . .. . . . . life over again.

 I think of the years, all too few . . . . . gone too fast.
 And accept the stark fact . . . . . .. that nothing can last.
 So open your eyes, people . . . . . . . . open and see.
 Not a crabby old man. Look closer . . . see ME!!

 Remember this poem when you next meet an older person who you might brush aside without looking at the young soul within . . . . we will all, one day, be there, too!


and this, which was a feel-good-thing;

"This happened on TAM airlines.

 A 50-something year old white woman arrived at her seat and saw that the passenger next to her was a black man.

 Visibly furious, she called the air hostess.

 "What's the problem, ma?" the hostess asked her

 "Can't you see?" the lady said - "I was given a seat next to a black man. I can't seat here next to him. You have to change my seat"

 - "Please, calm down, ma" - said the hostess
 "Unfortunately, all the seats are occupied, but I'm still going to check if we have any."

 The hostess left and returned some minutes later.

 "Madam, as I told you, there isn't any empty seat in this class- economy class.
 But I spoke to the captain and he confirmed that there isn't any empty seats in the economy class. We only have seats in the first class."

 And before the woman said anything, the hostess continued

 "Look, it is unusual for our company to allow a passenger from the economy class change to the first class.
 However, given the circumstances, the commandant thinks that it would be a scandal to make a passenger travel sat next to an unpleasant person."

 And turning to the black man, the hostess said:

 "Which means, Sir, if you would be so nice to pack your handbag, we have reserved you a seat in the first class..."

 And all the passengers nearby, who were shocked to see the scene started applauding, some standing on their feet."
"


 
Ah! And for the first time ever (since I've been working with alpaca-yarn lately), I googled alpaca just to see what they looked like:

 
Amazingly cute!















Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar