tirsdag 3. april 2012

Easter holidays!




Happy holidays! I'm at mum's now, left Bergen yesterday. The agency didn't call me, so I just decided to take a little vacation ;) Haven't done anything today (yet), except from eating this tasty breakfast with fresh herbs (some are actually from mum's garden), photographing it and posting it here ;p Useful. There's actually a blue sky today, and the sun struggles to smelt away the leftovers after yesterday's snow. The weather's been absolutely wicked during the last couple of days! With snow, hail, rain, sun and wind. As strange as it gets. So during March we had 20 degrees celsius and sunshine, and once the months turn to April, the snow and cold comes back.. Hopefully todays sun is the start of the REAL spring. Feel sorry for all the sprouts and birds. 


In Norway, the celebration of Easter usually just involves daffodils, eggs, chocolate, chickens, sprouts, walks in the mountains & skiing. As we all know though, the Easter symbolises Jesus, and how he supposedly died on the cross for the salvation of humanity. To me, as a non-christian, Easter is just about spring (in addition to the chocolate) ;) I do believe there once was a man named Jesus, who did marvellous things. Maybe even an illusionist or a mage. But I don't see him as the christians see him.  Still, I pay my respect during both christmas and easter, to all who suffered. Crosses or not. If there was a guy named Jesus, I feel sorry for him if he suffered. But no less do I feel for the others. Actually, when I googled the word "easter", I got two options; "easter" or "christian easter". We're weak for traditions. 
I celebrate a new beginning; nature and life.

Taken from www.otta2000.com

These are my mountains; Høvringen, Rondane, Norway. We could almost say I grew up there. I was born in Lillehammer, which is only two hours away, and we have a family-cabin there, a hundred years old. We used to go here for our Easter-holidays when I was a child. Memories. You can see it in the background here;


This one's really old, but it was the best I could find atm. Got other photos on my extern drive, which lies in Bergen..

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar